Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Well done Spanish authorities!

Seems that Vino could have given the Tour a go after all. Wow I have to say excellent timing. The Spanish authorities present documents that look poorly on over half of Vino's team right at the start of the Tour of France and then less then a week after the Tour ends we find out that the documents do not even stand up enough in court to start to try and charge the riders.

I am sure Vino has been punching a few holes in a few walls lately. He is probably thinking...Landis, I could eat that guy for a snack. Landis is getting all the glamour for taking a page out of my book. I think it is in chapter twelve - The Suicide Attack. I wrote that book!

As a spectator, I feel a little cheated also. Don't get me wrong I think it is great Landis won and he is a true champion with a champion's season. It is hard to come down on a guy whose season includes wins in four tours of which two are solid tours and two are up and comers. Any way you look at it Landis has had a stellar season. However, I would have liked to see Landis fighting it out with Vino, a worthy competitor.

Next thing we are going to find out that the documentation against Jan and Ivan is equally crappy and they should have never been kept out of the Tour. Hopefully the Spanish legal system will be equally quick with their cases and we will get to see the giants do battle in the Vuelta. hmmmm....if I was a conspiracy theorist one might think maybe the Spanish authorities are clever little devils and concocted the whole thing to bring up the prestige of the Vuelta.

Crazier thinks have happened.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home